Welcome to the ONION RING BLOG!

I am an eater of onion rings- they fascinate me more than any other food.

Send me your onion ring pictures and I'll post them here!

Friday, July 6, 2018

Onion Rings at the Big Texan, Amarillo, TX

Is the Big Texan Steak Ranch a tourist trap?  Can a person without the stomach of a superhero eat 72 oz of steak, a baked potato, salad, and some shrimp in one setting?  I'm really not sure about either of those things.  

I am 100% certain, however, that even if you have to drive somewhat out of your way and barely get to the Big Texan right before closing time, the onion rings alone are completely worth it.

They are at the very summit of my onion rings favorites list.  They might actually BE my favorite onion rings of their kind in the whole United States. 
They even serve a bonus one with the smoked baby back ribs appetizer!  I love bonus onion rings!
  

They taste like they are fried in Colonel Sanders fried chicken secret recipe.  They KFC type coating is super addictive.  This means they have tons of flavor and are very flaky.  The flakes fall all over the place when you bite into them.  Then, because the coating is so good you have to scoop it up into a pile and eat it anyway!  These rings come with plenty of ranch and BBQ sauce if you ask.  If you still want to try more fried food, they are also one of the few places in the world where you can order Rocky Mountain Oysters (Calf Fries- if you don't know what this is then go ahead and google it since I don't really want to explain this part of the cow on my onion ring blog).

No comments: