Welcome to the ONION RING BLOG!

I am an eater of onion rings- they fascinate me more than any other food. I live near Tulsa, OK, the belly of the US, which I confidently refer to as the "onion ring capitol of the world."

Send me your onion ring pictures and I'll post them here!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Ted's Montana Grill, Kansas City


Restaurant: Ted's Montana Grill
Location: 1713 Village West Pkwy, Kansas City, KS
Number and Size of Rings: 10 rings
Cost: $6.00

These are called "Salt and Pepper" onion rings, but in my book they are fresh and delicious, almost like homemade. I don't think they actually have any more salt or pepper than any other onion ring I've had, but they had a great texture and crunch that makes me think they used a three-step process for breading them (flour, egg, breadcrumbs). I LOVE onion rings that are freshly made, not from a bag. I also love the conservation-minded restaurant concept of Ted's and their paper straws, etc. And any restaurant that will let you use buffalo on any sandwich on the menu is a winner. Above is the picture from the restaurant website. Below is the night vision picture I took with my cell phone when I ordered the rings as a side dish. I'm not having much luck remembering to take my camera out to eat lately.Ted's Montana Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments: