Welcome to the ONION RING BLOG!

I am an eater of onion rings- they fascinate me more than any other food.

Send me your onion ring pictures and I'll post them here!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's Greek To Me


Restaurant: It's Greek To Me
Location: At Spirit Bank Center, Tulsa, OK
Number and Size of Rings: 15 medium to large
Cost: $2.69
These onion rings were nice and crispy, served with tzatziki sauce of all things. Not fresh made- I saw them pull out a bag from the freezer and fry these from frozen. Then, they were overcooked. They tasted floury. . . but they seemed like the standard restaurant-supply-store beer batter ones. Except I think that if they are, overcooking them like this may be the key to getting rid of a beer-batter taste. I wish I could have gotten rid of the taste of the criminally horrible moussaka. The gyros aren't too bad, but the moussaka barely resembled what it's supposed to look and taste like. Please, will someone in Tulsa get some real Greek food? I am still looking, and alas, the Tulsa Greek festival is only once a year and even they don't serve moussaka. Well, they don't serve onion rings either, so I'm not sure where that leaves us.
It's Greek To Me on Urbanspoon

No comments: