Welcome to the ONION RING BLOG!

I am an eater of onion rings- they fascinate me more than any other food.

Send me your onion ring pictures and I'll post them here!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Outback Steakhouse Bloomin' Onion


RESTAURANT: Outback Steakhouse
LOCATION: Tucson, AZ
SIZE: One size
NUMBER AND SIZE OF RINGS: One big blossom
COST:$5.95
The Bloomin' onion is nothing new in the onion ring world and many restaurants call them by their own different names. I do think Outback has been rather cocky with theirs. I mean, look at this ugly thing. It's overdone, almost too peppery; it has many petals uncoated, and the coating is uneven and floury. But boy is it yummy with their spicy sauce, regardless. One thing about blooming onions is that you pull the petals off and are essentially eating half of the onion petal without breading every time. Then you are so tempted to eat the greasy floury mess left at the bottom. I suggest eating one of these with four people- that way you all get your fill without eating yourselves sick. I also think they cost less if you go eat one before 6PM on their early menu, which is weird because they are only open for dinner, so you only have a small window of opportunity.

1 comment:

dancilhoney said...

Wonderful. Also amazing service. I can't wait to come back. I'm glad to spend money at this restaurant. outback steakhouse coupons