Welcome to the ONION RING BLOG!

I am an eater of onion rings- they fascinate me more than any other food.

Send me your onion ring pictures and I'll post them here!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Buttermilk Onion Rings- title recipe


I made the onion rings that you see pictured on the header during a severe onion ring craving a couple of weeks ago. I was so in love with them that I took a picture!
They are very simple to make and from my favorite recipe!
The recipe comes from Sara Moulton, our food network friend.
Buttermilk Onion Rings

Ingredients

  • 4 large onions
  • 1 quart buttermilk
  • 2 cups flour
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Chili powder
  • Oil for frying

Directions

Slice 4 large onions into 1/4-inch rings. Place in large bowl and cover with buttermilk. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Place 2 cups flour in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge onion rings in seasoned flour. Dip again in buttermilk, then in seasoned four.

Fry in batches, in 350 degree oil for 2 to 3 minutes until golden.

Drain on paper towels. Let oil come back to temperature before frying next batch.

No comments: